Wednesday, August 28, 2013

#53 - Brave

Hi, guys!  What's up?  I love you.

Okay, guess what, folks?  I am training again!  I just got a brand spankin' new companion named Soeur Tetoe from Tahiti, and we are going to live three beautiful months together and see miracles happen.  My bestie Soeur Dagnillo is still with us until next week when she will be literally shipped off to the the middle of nowhere on a tiny island called Maupiti, and where she will be the most fantastic missionary ever.  I already miss her so bad.  And she's sitting next to me.  Thats how much I love her.

I will tell you the truth - this morning I woke up and rolled over and saw my new companion laying on her bed, and I had this very familiar feeling hit me.  I big wave of anxiety.  I started thinking about aaaaaall the stuff that I gotta teach this girl and blah blah, and I started to stress.  But then I thought, "No.  I will just talk to Heavenly Father about this.  And its going to be okay."  And it is going to be okay.  It's going to be wonderful.  

The Bishop in our Oremu ward in on fire!  He is so motivated to do missionary work right now, and I LOVE it!  We are working on a big plan that is going to rock Oremu.  I am loving, loving the work right now.

The other day me and my companion were very brave.  We had to talk to the dad of an ami (friend) who got baptized last week, who is definitely an adult and capable of making his own decisions, but who still wanted his parents to accept the baptism.  Well they still aren't okay with it, but he did it anyway, just because he knows it's right.  But the conversation we had with his dad was kinda scary.  And also very cool.  We really had to dig in and share testimony from our hearts, and we did it.  

Something that I think you all should know about Tahiti is that the smells here are unbelievable.  In both a good and bad sense.  Like you have never smelled a flower as sweet or delicious as the Tiare Tahiti.  It's heavenly.  Nor have you ever smelled the power of rotting I-don't-know-what that eeks from the canals.  It could knock your socks off.  (Luckily I am always just wearing flip flops.)  That is a detail about Tahiti you might all like to know.

Well, that's all the time there is.  Just a little update.  Dearest Courtney Elise - Happy Birthday!  You were born!  You made it to the earth!  And I am SO glad you're here.  I love you forever.  Eat one of the mint brownies at lunch just cuz it's your day.  

I love you all with all my heart!
Soeur Mann