Monday, August 12, 2013

#51 - Moving Day

Hi, guys!  Ua here vau ia outo!  You can guess what that means. 

Guys, I had such a fun day today!  It's moving day!  Not transfers - I'm still serving in the same area with the same comp, but we moved houses with the other four soeurs to a beautiful, large, spacious home in Tipaerui!  It's one of the best houses Iv'e seen in this country so far!  It felt so fun to have a moving day.  I just wanted all the priesthood holders from the 1st Ward to show up and us all eat donuts, cuz thats what usually happens on moving days.  But it was fun anyhoo.  I was a little sad to leave my home of 5 and a half months in Pamatai.  That place will always be a sacred place to me.  That is where my heart changed so much and I learned some wonderful lessons.  It is bittersweet, and that is a nice thing.  And speaking of bittersweet, I actually tasted the world's best dark chocolate this week.  The.  Best.  And I am buying some later today at the store.  The nice grocery stores have enormous chocolate sections, due to the French influence here.  They have pear chocolate and flower chocolate and salted caramel chocolate.  The latter is the best one in the world. 

Wonderful news!  We have three baptisms happening this Saturday, two of which were set-up this week, and neither of them are either related to the other!  We had two actual miracles happen.  Our wonderful Simon and Thyron have decided to be baptised, and hallelujah for them!  The one, Simon, is this hilarious, lanky, wise-crackin 15 year old that has been taking lessons for a very long time.  He's wanted to be baptized for a very long time, too, but his parents never accept.  Well he just got back from a month long vacation in Huahine, and we thought we'd just kinda see where he's at and what he's thinkin', and He says, "I'm ready.  Is it possible to get baptized on Saturday?"  Definitely.

I decided a good way to describe Tahiti.  Think about a deep, pounding, but slow heartbeat.  That's what it feels like here.  It's so alive.  Everything is just... alive.  But it doesn't move fast or get excited.  Its just a low, constant pounding.  I realized that I have never seen a Tahitian get stressed.  Not that I can remember.  Angry, annoyed, yes.  But the concept of "stress" just really doesn't exist here.  It's done this heart some good.

I've been working lately on really doing my job.  My job is to bring some great news to everybody that the full gospel of Jesus Christ is restored.  I'm working on talking about the Restoration every time I teach, and it's doing wonders.  Truly, Joseph Smith is a prophet.  And we have a prophet on the earth.  We truly do!  How amazing!

I want to just say that I know the Priesthood is real.  The other day I listened to two elders give a blessing to someone who needed it.  I was astounded to hear them say things and give much needed comfort, counsel, and blessing that they weren't even aware of.  I mean it, these two missionaries received revelation.  It was undeniable and beautiful.  They knew things and spoke things by the Spirit, and my testimony of the reality of this power was really fortified.  Two young guys from Utah can act in the name of Christ.  It's real.

Berns, I believe you are starting high school soon- woohooo!  You drive that mini van with pride, my boy!  Don't you ever be disgraced to drive her!  And here is one thing I would like to tell you, my one bit of counsel for high school:  Be kind.  Just be kind to everyone, no exceptions.  That's what matters, and thats' what will make high school fun.  I love you, Bernie Mac.

Life is beautiful!
All my love,
Soeur Mann