Tuesday, December 31, 2013

# 71 - Moorea

People, people!  I have an announcement to make!  I am actually in Paradise at this very moment!  I took a boat this morning on the real, live Pacific Ocean, and I arrived on my sweet island home for the next 6 weeks, the beautiful island of Moorea.  And I LOVE it.  And I love you, too.  We won't forget to say that first thing.  I am just pretty darn stoked to be here.  What a cool blessing to be able to finish my mission in this gorgeous place.  It is totally different from Pirae, where I just was, which is in the city.  Now I am back to true-blue Tahitian living, totally the "island cool" style of life, and I can't wait to put my heart into this area with all I've got until the end.  

The first picture is of where the boat drops you off- on the boat I was excited to be a missionary all by myself, so I tried talking to some people.  The first guy rejected me hard-core.  Shame, because he was from New Zealand, and I thought it would be cool to talk about the gospel in English.  No-go.  But the second man was extremely nice and smiley, and randomly lives right in Pirae, my area I just left.  I bought myself a quiche and ate it with the ocean wind just whippin through my hair and felt 100% happy.

The second photo is of where I actually am in this exact second, and the girl is my wonderful new companion, Soeur Paraurahi, which means "talks a lot."  We get along great so far, and I can see I'm going to love her.

Folks, I would love to write some more things, but I'm a little too excited to be here, and I just want to go explore.  Plus my companion's bike tire just blew up, so we gotta figure that out.  

Family, I was so happy to see you on Christmas, especially Grandma and the Bradleys- good surprise Christmas present!  I love you dearly.  Talking to Mill was especially cool- the one single time we'll both see each other as missionaries. Maybe. Im' pretty sure I'll have a badge on again some day.  Hopefully a couple more times.  Missions are good.

For New Years resolutions, here's my thought- we really can do anything.  Millzie played the piano and sang in Portuguese in front of a billion people in Brazil. (Amelia's Blog) Really, we can do big stuff.  Set cool resolutions this year- life is beautiful!

All my love,
Soeur Mann
(Editor's Note: You can hear about the third picture on February 23rd at 11:00 AM in the Hyde Park 1st Ward.)