Thursday, May 16, 2013

#39 - I Believe It and I Love It


Hello, good people!
I really, really do promise that it hasn't been the total end to all good letters.  There are still good letters to come.  But yet again, today's will be small.

It was so, so, SO good to see you yesterday.  I am still in shock about three things-
1.  NEW YORK.  Today I was just washin' my hair, and I thought,"Wait. Really?  Did I hear that right?"  What on earth?  Amelia?  Are you the coolest person ever?  New York!  That is the best!  Wahooooo!  You are a real deal missionary now!!  Way to go, kiddo! 
2.  Luke is taller than Mom.  (Femurs....)
3.  Courtney still has the same clothes.  I really can't get over it.  Not that she still wears the same clothes from only 9 months ago, but that I have only been here for that long.  I seriously thought that Logan and all the objects therein had melted away into nothing or something.  It feels like I have lived in Tahiti for ever and ever. 

And speaking of clothes, the more I think about it, the more I think that I really do need some more clothes.  My poor clothes have had a rough time here.  And Mom, it's like your dream come true- I really don't care what they look like or anything.  So for the first time, you are free to just go out and buy your daughter some clothes without any fear of me taking them back to the store.  Ha ha!  Just no stretch fabrics, please.  And maybe some flowery prints or something.  I've been a plain jane for quite awhile here.  Thank you a million times over!  Thank you!

I just want to share a little experience I had in my personal study today.  It was such a beautiful moment.  I was sitting out on our balconey this morning looking out at the ocean and the island of Moorea, and I prayed to understand better the importance of baptism.  And just by the help of the Spirit, I came to Moses 6:43 - the end of the chapter.  And it was this amazing moment of really learning by the Spirit.  It was like my intelligence just grew a few sizes, and everything started clicking, and it just seemed to be the most beautiful chapter of scripture, and I felt so peaceful and sure that it was true and good.  And I had this feeling just hit me so deeply that Jesus Christ really is the Savior.  I thought about the phrase, "Plan of Salvation" and realized that there really is a plan going on here, and the plan really is to bring us salvation.  Its all worked out, and it was worked out by Christ.  I believe in the Atonement.  I know it is the center of all of this, and I mean all of everything.  His love is at the center of this big huge wonderful plan that our Father created for us.  I believe it and I love it. 

There is a plan, and it is wonderful.  Life has enormous meaning.  We are not just floating around here in space, we are children of God and there is so much goodness around us and so much greatness that awaits us.

Christ is the Savior.

I love you all with all my heart.

Life is beautiful.

- Soeur Mann