Wednesday, March 20, 2013

#31 - Transferred


Dear Family, 

I just wrote you a letter. Then I promptly erased it by accident.  How dreadful.

Oh, well!  Here is the update!

I love you!  I love you all with all my heart!

I got transferred!  That’s right, transferred, baby! I seriously have culture shock.  It’s so so different from my last area, and I’m only 30 minutes away.  I’m in the city area!  The hoods!  Heh heh, don’t worry, Mom.  It’s so cool, though.  And yes, I have a car, but don’t worry, it is not stick shift.  Thank heavens.  I will not die in Tahiti.

I was so sad to leave my last area, but it was actually a really cool experience to leave.  The morning I had to leave, I went out to the dumb tiny basketball court where I got up and ran laps every morning, and I stood in the center of the court and cried.  That night my little family came and said goodbye- Papi T. brought his guitar and they all sang me a Tahitian farewell song.  Then off I went to my new area! 

I’m now with Soeur C., whom I will describe in two words: Atti. Tude.  This lady carries around a tiny bottle of Tabasco sauce everywhere we go, just in case we eat, so she can smother her food in spice.  Think Whoopi Goldberg from Sister Act.  That’s her.  So funny.

Today I saw Uncle and Aunt Watson, which was an absolute delight!  They will be calling Grandma soon, I believe!

Okay, I received the absolute best package in the world the other day- to everyone who contributed to the Valentines package- THANK YOU!  It was so, so cute!  Court, I seriously, literally have been thinking about cherry juju hearts since Valentine’s Day.  My body needed those.  It knew it was time.  And, voila!  You sent them!  I eat a couple a day so I can make them last!

Jamie - CONGRATS!!!!!!  Oh my word, Jameston!  I am so happy for you!   I am sending you all my love and a thousand hugs! 

Here is just a little thought/big thought:  Faith is a choice. 

I have to go now- we have a family home evening!