Thursday, November 22, 2012

#13 - Brazil!

Oh my heck, Brazil! AMELIA! HUZZAH!!!  This is all so crazy!  Missionary work going nuts all over the place!  Millzie, I love you.  I am so, so, so happy for you!  This really is the work of Heavenly Father.  It really is all about bringing joy to people.  Hooray for Irma Mann!!!

Okay, some updates from Tahiti!
This email is way late because we had a zone conference today!  My very first zone conference.  I love President Sinjoux.  Hes one of those people who just looks straaaaight into your soul when he looks at you.  But not in a scary way.  Hes wonderful.
This email is going to have references to the Grandmanns!  First, Grandma Mann, I have found you a Tahitian best friend!  Her name is Mami Brodien.  Everyone her over the age of 50 or so is called Mami or Papi, which means Grandma and Grandpa.  Its extremely confusing.  But anyhoo, I love Mami Brodien with all my heart.  She reminds me of you, Grandma.  I had a sweet experience with her, sitting on her porch, and she taught me some French while I taught her English.  And she spoke so slow and softly and kindly, and for an hour or so, and she truly made me feel loved.  She is just like Grandma Mann, so aware of peoples needs, so hospitable and gentle and funny.  I will love her forever.


The next reference to the Grandmanns:  This weekend I thought a lot about Grandpa Mann's story from his mission when he got an ulcer and his companion told him over and over, Just dooon't get toooo excited   Why did I think about that story?  Because I was on the verge of ulcer this week? I think.   We got a call after we'd gone to bed telling us that my companion was taking a trip the next morning to attend the baptism of a couple who'd requested her presence.  So she left at 7 AM the next morning, and I had a new companion for the weekend.  Who didn't know the area or the investigators or anything.  And it was hard.  I'm gettin' nauseous just thinkin' about it.  I learned a lot of humility, and when my companion returned, I ran into her arms yelling, Mamma!  Ha ha.  Sometimes we learn to appreciate our companions the hard way.

Other picture, a family home evening we did tonight.  Crazy, loud, disorganized, family home evening.  Just how we like em!

I love you all so much!  I miss you to death.  I love you.

Na na for now!
Soeur Mann